Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Beads & Veterans Day...

Is one day enough to pay tribute to those who serve & die for the rest of us...? I just wanted to send shout out to all of our veterans for all they do...

Well its finally cold here in Northern California, I mean it was cold a couple of days ago it was 54 in the middle of the day...I know what a wimp right? but not used it at all...over the weekend hubby & I took advantage of the nice weather & had a picnic at the park...on Sunday we went to Santa Cruz & got a couple of much deserved massages...

I managed to make some yummy beads in the last week or so even though I have been feeling a bit under the weather...I will have them all posted by 7pm tonight California time in my etsy shop...here is a group photo of the beads I am listing today & on Thursday...oh I may add some sterling silver goodies too, so keep an eye out...

I wrote a quick blog & posted some photos on Watch Me Create, check it out when you get a chance...

oh yes the winner of last week bead is jozd5150 please send your address, for this week I have purple & blue flowers on a bed of dichro...yummy, enter to win this bead by making a comment on this post...what was the last fun thing you did in the sun??

Thanks for stopping by...life is good...

Jelveh

Peace

9 comments:

jozd5150 said...

Hi Jelveh, you are so right about "is one day enough" for our veterans. Whenever I see one in person, I always tell him/her "thanks for your service." Words are not enough thanks, though.
Thank YOU, Jelveh, as I will be the proud owner of another of your beads (last wk's winner) .. I will email my address as soon as I post this. I always get such compliments on your bead that I won last year...it's one of my favorite necklaces!
Enjoy the weekend, and keep warm!

Laura Sparling said...

Gorgeous batch of glass loveliness there, Jelveh. Delicious!

ginny said...

Thank you for your recognition of Veterans Day. As you know my husband was a Naval Aviator. Being a Navy family can be very difficult but I would not give up a minute of it!!

That give away bead is simply GORGEOUS! I love it!!!

Kristen said...

Beautiful beads Jelveh! I love looking at a plate full of beads... One of my favorite past times! We've not had much sun here lately either, but just this past weekend we had a BEAUTIFUL fall day with temps in the 70's. The kids and I spent the entire day outside. It was wonderful to just soak in the sun and fresh air! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jelveh!

You should come visit us up here in Montana then you could have "real" cold hehe actually today is the first really snowy day we've had! The last really fun thing I did in the sun was go for a long drive in the mountains with my friend, we spent the whole afternoon with the windows down, talking girl talk and watching all the beauty of nature why up in the mountains. A really great day!
I hope you have a wonderful day! I love what you did with the metallic stuff in this bead!

hugs from Montana!

Julia J.

Vered said...

I haven't had a professional massage in ages. I really should get one soon!

Anonymous said...

The bead you are giving away is so pretty-the colors, the design, etc. I like it!

I am thankful for the many people who have made the world a better place.

acptuser(at)hotmail(dot)com

Mel P said...

Scrummy beads Jelveh, the last fun thing we did in the sun hmmmmmm oh Leon and I buried my Husband in the sand in Wales, Leon nearly fell over laughing. A professional massage, sounds good I may be expanding my Christmas wish list further:)
xxxx

Pretty Things said...

Those beads look good enough to eat!

And thanks for the veteran's day shout out -- I'm a veteran, and so is my hubby. He retired with 26 years of service.