Friday, February 27, 2009

Great day with Laura....

Its not often that one comes across a really decent nice person, Laura Sparling is truly a kindred spirit, never mind she is one the best glass bead makers I have seen in a long time...I met her yesterday at her home & we spent a very short 5 hours or so chatting about everything from beads to me falling in love with her guinea pigs...The girl fed me a very nice lunch, we talked about all things glass beads, we spent some time on the torch making beads, we found out we had so much in common from bead making to the people we knew in the industry, down to our favorite color, purple...she is truly a delight, I am just sad that I get to meet her only a few weeks before we leave England...but I intend to keep in touch with her.

She is a great bead maker, a true artist at heart & a crazy perfectionist, the combination of which makes for awesome beads...you can find her beads in her etsy shop here like many a great bead maker she has been selling her beads to a very lucky group of people for years on her site & before that on ebay...

I loved her work space, her dad and I fell totally in love with Brenda one of her guinea pigs, at the end of the day I was asking if I could move in...it is always nice when you find a new friend...thanks Laura for a great day...

Jelveh

Peace

8 comments:

Laura Sparling said...

Aw, Jelveh! I'm grinning from ear to ear and blushing at the same time. Thank you so much for all your very kind words. I adored our day and I hope we can meet up again before you leave.

You're one in a million!

Love
Laura x

Anonymous said...

Glad you and Laura had such a wonderful day. I have sent you an email and hope to fit in a day to meet up before you head home.
Hugs Lynne

ginny said...

Hi Jelveh:
I loved reading your post today! It is so nice to hear about good people becoming friends--especially when there is so much turmoil in the world.
Friendship and goodness are both things that this world needs more of!
I am so glad you had a good time.
And I LOVE the guinea pigs!
Ginny

LisaL said...

It's wonderful how you and Laura found each other. It sounds like you both enjoyed each other's company. The guineas are too cute! I remember having some when I was a little girl and they were so much fun.. especially when they ran around on the floor and the poor cats didn't know what to think. :o) Laura's beads are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your day! -Lisa

Vered said...

You look so happy in the photo!

jelveh Designs said...

yup it was really fun to meet her and yes I was so happy holding that little cute Brenda...I love cuddly animals...
Jelveh
Peace

Mytutorlist.com said...

Aw, what a friendly guinea pig. It's adorable and you look so happy holding her.

jelveh Designs said...

thanks, she is awesome...