Monday, April 25, 2011

Past Few Weeks & Lots of New Beads...



Hi all, hope the last few weeks have been good to you & life is good...my life had a whole lot of things going on in it, perhaps below is the best way to explain it all...


Most of the time there was the usual fare...
At times there was a lot of Drama...
Protection from evil was needed more than usual...

Soon there was The Spring class to teach, students were so nice http://gracefulstudios.blogspot.com/

I often wondered about the collage or zentangle that is my life...which seems to be the new name for what we have all being doing and calling doodling for ever and ever... every time I turn around there is a new name for something that has been around by another name for a long time already...


And Just before I got to deep in to my head & got tired of the rain, spring sprung all around me...


And life is sweet & good...



This coming Sat is our bi monthly get together at Graceful Customs from 12 to 5pm, there will be door prizes every hour & bead making demos & bring your goodies/beads & such for show & sale...

John Rizzi is returning to Graceful Customs for another great class on June 18th, contact Grace for more information, John Will be teaching a one day beginning complex murrini class. Students should be intermediate level and have good heat control skills as we will be working off mandrel.John will be teaching at least 2 designs in class first he will teach a blooming flower murrini with detailed stamen center. In the afternoon we will learn how to make a complex rose murrini. several students have already signed up, he is a great teacher with lots of knowledge & talent not to be missed...

The yummy beads from the last blog post go to Lori A. of Pretty Things...for this blog post giveaway I have one of my collage, crazy quilt or Zentangle beads for you, this one is a bicone about 38mm with goldstone & black details & one eye...enter to win it by making a comment on this post...

Thanks so much for stopping by...life is good...you can check out a whole lot of my new beads in my etsy shop...
Jelveh
Peace

17 comments:

Andrea Simeral-Boyer said...

Hi Jelveh! Love your evil eyes! I just now discovered 'zentangle', and I thought to myself, "Gees, there's a NAME besides "doodling"??? You know it's just a catch phrase to make it new and to appeal to the younger set! :-) Great beads no matter by what name it's given!

Hugs, Andréa

midge said...

Hi Jelveh! I hope that Spring is here to stay and the weather is getting nicer in Gilroy.

I made the bunny bead and flowers I purchased from you into a yummy Easter necklace. I love that bunny bead. :)

Gail

aMorita-Sa said...

Hi Jelveh and so good to see you back. I love those cream/neutral toned beads....Love, love, love your beautiful work...

Sioux said...

Jelveh, you have been very busy! They are so varied and all are fabulous! I love the eyes...are they murrini? Will you be teaching that one? Sign me up!
Take care,
Sioux

Meredith said...

Yay - I'm glad you are back and everything is ok. Wow, that is a lot of beautiful news beads, I'm off to check them out n.o.w! Definitely interested in one of the eyes.
~Meredith

ginny said...

I am so glad that you are back. I missed you.
Zentangle; hmm, great name and great beads. So great, as a matter of fact that I just bought that set! LOL!
Ginny

Anonymous said...

Hi Jelveh! Not only do I LOVE ALL of your gorgeous Beads but you are also a great story teller! I enjoyed how you summarized your recent lifes events by using your Beads. You are so so so so creative! I wish I could tell you my favorite but I love them all and couldn't pick just one! I hope you are feeling better today. I'll talk to you soon.
Hugs & Much Love, Samantha

Sue said...

Jelveh, so glad to see your blog and the new beads. I love the Zentangle. My mind is already working on ideas in case I win. Have a great week.

Pretty Things said...

OMG, thanks! And I could just scoop all those beads up into my lap and run gleefully down the road saying, "Catch me if you can!"

Will you be at Bead and Button this year?

jelveh Designs said...

Hi all,
I know Andrea I thought the same thing, whats old is new again with a new name, maybe I can do that for my 50th birthday in 3 years too...

Thanks so much Gail, send me a photo of what you made with the bunny, he ended up being the only bunny this year for me...

A-moirta-sa, thanks so much, glad to be back...

Thanks Sioux, yup I have been busy and yes that is a murrini, I will be teaching it in my June 4th class...

Thanks Meridith, I love making the eye beads...

Hey Ginny girl, thanks so much, you got the beads, everyone is asking where they went, I have more of these coming...

Samantha girl, thanks so much honey, I miss you lots and you are too kind...love you much

Hey Sue thanks so much girl, I will keep that in mind when I go to push the button on the random number picker...lol

Lori girl, you are too funny and you are welcome, the random picker likes you lots...I would love to see you work with my beads, I wont be going to Bead and Button this year, I am not much for shows, there is way too much stress, I would just love to go and have fun and visit and buy beads and tools and take classes, maybe next year, I am way too busy this year for anything...have fun for me if you go...

thanks all
Jelveh
Peace

My Life Under the Bus said...

Omg!!! Gorgeous *faints* really stunning stuff!

SueBeads said...

Those are some great beads! Wish I could take one of your classes!

Dawn S said...

Jelveh,

Zentangle is so my life right now!! Thanks, now I have the best word to describe it!

I always love your beady beads, but I am really loving the cream abstracts. They look almost as good as candy! Well, to me, they're eye candy!

Keep the beauties coming!

Take care,

Dawn S.
NW Washington

FIBERONE said...

The beads are stunning. I enjoy reading your blog entries. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda said...

Jelveh dear, I was certain that the end of the story would have news! You do tell very good stories and thank you for the beautiful beads. I got on Etsy and the hats and flowers were all gone. Will you be doing more flowers? Oh, I am so looking forward to a week of spring with no rain. The past 12 days have all been floods. I so wish I could take a class but how would I explain a 3000 mile trip for a class???? I think it's a great idea, he's not so adventurous!!
Love you, Peace, Brenda

Donna Bray Iron Mountain Glass said...

Hi Jelveh, I love your doodle/zentangle beads. I love the colors you used and the design is awesome. Donna

Jenne said...

Hey Jelveh,

Love the doodle beads, oops...Zentangle I mean. If we're around long enough it'll be called something else and we'll all say, 'remember when it was called Zentangle?" Maybe not. Still love them though! Also lovin' the Drama beads, some fab colors and designs.
Thanks for all the gorgeous bead pictures!
Jenne