Friday, June 18, 2010

Rock Around the Clock....

Ok well not exactly Rock Around the Clock anymore, more like I have been sleeping since I got back from my trip to Turkey which was a bit like Rock Around the Clock for about 19 days...I had a ton of fun...I had lots of adventures...met great people & in general am pretty happy about my trip...I got a ton of silver to keep to myself as always...I know I always bring silver and goodies back & never really share with you guys...this time I promise to list a few items...I have over spent again...lol...

Hope you are all doing well...& life is good for you...

I know the golf spill is still going on & that is really sad...perhaps that is the only way we learn to change our ways, when we actually see nature damaged beyond repair, hope its not too late to turn a new leaf in the way we treat our planet...

I do have some beads & a real up date will come this next Monday or Tuesday, when I have had time to take photos & such...There are some beads in the shop & I have a set or two of beads that I will try to list today...

in the mean time check out this link on my face book photos for the story & photos about my class & my great students in Istanbul... http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?aid=83992&id=1142616817&ref=pb

The last bead listed in May on the blog giveaway goes to Stephanie...thanks girl...for this week I have a very nice, very cool, took me forever to make corked vessel made with silver glass up for the giveaway...enter to win it by making a comment on this blog post or go to the facebook link above & make a comment there...

I am to out monthly meeting today, sorry I did not give a longer heads up about it, but its today from 3pm to 7pm at Graceful Studios... by the way if you have not checked it stop by Grace's etsy shop & take a look at the many new mashers they got...I sold all of the ones I took to Turkey with me, my students & my friends love them....

So much for a quick update, thanks for stopping by...life is good...
Jelveh
Peace

9 comments:

Nikki said...

Welcome back Jelveh! Sounds like Turkey was a blast (except for the LONG air travel part, lol). Love your slver glass vessel... but then I love all your items, including your mandrels! Hope you have a great (relaxing) weekend!
XOXO,
Nikki of Bastille Bleu

Brenda H said...

Oh Yummy, that beautiful Turkish silver. It was fun chatting with you the other night, you get the award for promoting a better world! I love this vessel you have up, it's too cute. I think my customers would love them also. I had to cancel a few shows to help with Stacey but will get back on track soon. Glad you're home safely and can't wait to see the goodies you post. Peace and Love girlie!

Penny Levesque said...

Ever since I've read your post I can't get that song out of my head! LOL! "Rock Around The Clock".
I remember my Mom and Dad dancing the jive to that song. They had bought a record player and this was one of the 45 records.They both passed away with in 2 months of each other this year. So anything that reminds me of them is Awesome!! So thank you for that. Take care and talk to you soon.
Penny
penny5658 ( Lampwork.etc on the forum.

Sandy "Sansan" said...

Beautiful little vessel Missy Jelveh.

Sandy "Sansan" said...

Love this pretty little vessel, missy Jelveh from Sandy in California :0)

ginny said...

Welcome home, sweet Jelveh! I am happy that you had a great trip but also happy that you are home.
Yes, living in Florida,I am quite concerned about the oil spill in the gulf. My daughter and her family live on the gulf coast. They have all been working at the Sea Bird Sanctuary washing birds in Dove and giving them Pepto Bismol to coat their digestive tract---so sad. When will people learn that we absolutely must take care of our Earth!
Well, so much for talking about beads---but I know you, Jelveh. You are passionate not just about beads but also social and environmental issues----as we all should be.

FIBERONE said...

I like the corked vessel you made for the giveaway. Great work as usual.

Mel P said...

Welcome back Lovely Lady. This vessel is beautiful! Have a restfull week catching up on dwon time :0) xxxx

Dorothy said...

Thanks for the lovely morning... by the time I'd looked at the new goodies on your etsy site, browsed your great taste in the silver you brought back, and made it to here, I'd had a truly great morning!!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! (as usual)