Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Blues & New Beads...

Hope you had a great Mother's day...we missed seeing all of our mom's today...for one thing I have been sick since our last adventure this past Mon to Wed to Los Vegas...Hubby had some work to do, I went along for some fun...my sister reminds me that if I listened to her I would not get sick every time I fly...something about airborn....I did call all the mom's however & made plans to make it up to them...
oh yeah trip to sin city was fun, we stayed at the brand new very modern Aria Resort & Hotel with views of the strip...

I did had some fun making some beads before we left, below is the group shot of what I am listing by 7pm Monday night 5/10/10 in my etsy shop...check them out...already listed few of the Tempest Rain beads, the Bird Nest, the Lady Bug, Flower implosion & I forget but there is more...
A few of the beads I made this week have my brand new, possibly someday for sale, yummy frit which I call Tempest Rain...oh what a fun she is...the lucky students in my class in Turkey will all get a bag of this yummy frit among other goodies, don't forget the dates are May 30 to June 12, Glass Furnace...I will be teaching two 5 day classes...each will be filled with a ton of new information & detailed design ideas for making yummy glass beads...I wish I had been able to take this class a few years ago when I was just new at bead making...well enough about how great this class is going to be, see you there...

Speaking of seeing you there, this coming Friday we will have our monthly get together MGT at Graceful Customs, make sure to go past the calander on the blog to see the post about this coming Friday...and yes its true Grace has been practising her bead making, she is doing, I dont know about my being patient however, I can be a real task master when it comes to teaching, but I am fun, or at least I have been told I am fun in class...anyway come join us for some fun at the torch, wire wrapping demo by Jen, fused glass groove maker demo by Grace & I will make a few vessels & blow some shards, you can play on a torch too, bring your art to show, share & sell...drawing for a gift at 6pm or so...oh yeah Frank is working on some yummy new tools too, come see the new Squeeze-Me-Right-Masher in action...it may not be sexy, but it works like a charm, plus sexy cost more money & this tool is functional, clean, small, nice to hold, great to mash with & did I mention at $28.00 its a steal...& yes its not sexy...IMHO.

Last week's yummy pink focal goes to Penny...please send your address, also Nikki, I did not get your addy yet for the week before...for this week the giveaway is made of two beads, I was testing some new colors & frits with older ones...the results are very yummy, the cone is about 25mm long, the tab is about 23mm which I made with my brand new Frit, Tempest Rain...love them both, enter to win them by making a comment on this post...

Well as always I am sure there is more to tell, like how I am going crazy packing & getting ready for my big trip to Turkey...but will catch up later...

Thanks for stopping by...life is good, save for this nasty oil in the gulf business, my heart goes out to the planet & the animals & all the folks who live in the affected areas...I hope you all have a great week...
Jelveh
Peace

10 comments:

hotglassbabe said...

Hi Jelveh,

Your tempest rain frit looks awesome. What is it a blend of (or is that a secret)? The beads looks very cool. Have fun in Turkey... and be safe!

XO,
Nikki

Sue said...

Wow, you are one busy lady. The new beads are wonderful. Tempest Rain is a winner. Have a great week.

ginny said...

Oh, no! I am so sorry that you were sick! That is rare for you. I know how much family means to you so I know how it made you feel to miss Mother's Day with your family!
Beautiful beads once again!
I have been MIA a lot lately-out of town too much! I am leaving again on Wednesday. Then home for a week or two and back to Atlanta.
Ginny

midge said...

I like the bird's nest bead - sweet! I'm glad you had some downtime in Las Vegas. I hope that you are feeling much better soon! Have a wonderful trip to and time in Turkey!

Gail :)

Pretty Things said...

Gorgeous beads!

JoAnn said...

All of your beads are gorgeous as usual! Love the colors and contrast in the bird's nest beads, both between eggs and nest and just within the nest itself. Hoping to come down Friday and see what you're up to. Take care. Hope you're feeling better.

Cheryl K Roe said...

Can't wait to see the new tool. I have ordered your key tool and can't wait til it arrives.

Cheryl

FIBERONE said...

Talented lady, beautiful beads, interesting blog posts--makes Jelveh Designs one of my favorite blogs.

Brenda H said...

Goodness is there anything you can't do or won't try. I love your new finish on the sets. Do you usually get airsick? Poor hubby has to be drugged to fly, he's just too anxious and works with the airline business. I don't get it. I loved the bird's nest, do you have more to list?
Love the new focal this week, your amazing Jelveh.
Peace

rollingstonecreations said...

Your beads are beautiful! I'm a new glass addict and I'm in awe of those of you who have mastered the art. Hopefully one day I can attend one of your classes!