Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Grateful Dead & New Beads...


Hi all...hope you had a good week...ours was good & busy...we saw a couple of movies this past weekend, one bad, From Paris With Love, & one OK, Legion...I love all stories about god & angels, I am listening to a book right now called Good Omen, its kind of cool, strange & funny...

I made & listed some yummy beads this week too...you can check them in my etsy shop....

In other news, don't forget this Friday we will our second monthly meeting at Graceful Studios...the get together will start around 2pm & go on till 7pm...the Theme is Green this time, as in dreaming of spring...so wear green, bring a piece of jewelry, bead or art in Green & share...torches will be available if you like to demo one of your goodies...I will do some demos as well, Grace is going to show us how to do a yummy viking weave to make silver bracelet...oh yes there will also be a winner of $25.00 worth of glass, tools or Sterling Silver from my stash...see you at the Studio...

The winner of last week's beads is Lori Anderson of Lori Anderson Designs, send your addy girl...for this week I have the yummy set above...A few times a week I ask hubby what this set looks like or that set looks like when I am stumped while naming beads...His answers sometimes become the name of the beads & sometimes not...when I showed this set of yummy turquoise & some soft reds to him, hubby said they remind him of The Grateful Dead, he said he has no idea why, but the colors & patterns make him think of this band...enter to win them by making a comment on this post...

oh yes don't forget to stop by here & vote for Kelli's Pink & Green Summer Bracelet with my beads... its the last one on the page but the best one for sure...

Thanks for stopping by...life is good...
Jelveh
Peace

12 comments:

cleobytheseao said...

I love dropping by bead makers studio's and admiring their handiwork. Everyone has such a unique style - totally different yet equally as wonderfully creative. Your beads have a wonderful depth to them. I love your husband's ingenious names! :)

Debra Beach said...

Hi there!

I love reading your blog and looking at your beautiful beads. :) The Grateful Dead set is rockin'! I just love the colors and the design of the focal bead ~ wow!

Have a wonderful week!

Mel P said...

These beads are stunning Lovely Lady. Good Omen is a fab book, I really enjoyed it. I am ploughing through and enjoying the PC Cast books at the mo, sci-fitastic xxxx

Sue said...

Good Morning Jelveh, No disrespect to Martin, but the beads remind me of mossy rocks with water running over them. More about life...

Have a wonderful day,

jozd5150 said...

Oh, I love this week's bead set & the name is so appropriate! They've got that laid back, hippie vibe goin' on :)

Enjoy the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Good name on the Greatful Dead, hubby did well. Love your new beads, simply stunning. ruthing73@hotmail.com

Brenda H said...

Hi girlie, would you like several feet of snow? We have plenty to spare. I can see how Martin came up with Grateful Dead, they remind me of the t-shirts that we used to make for ourselves in the late 60's, early 70's. They are awesome beads. Nothing like a great book, have you tried the kindle yet?
Take care girl,
Peace!

ginny said...

Hi Jelveh:
Why, oh why, do I not live closer? I would love to do the "green" thing with you at the studio. I would also like to see pics of the silver bracelet with the Viking weave. I hope that you take your camera that day.
Hmm, Grateful Dead; huh? I am not sure what they remind me of. I do know that they are yummy, though! LOL!
I have a custom order that I will be emailing you about soon.
Hope you are having good weather. I am freezing here in Florida again! UGH!
Ginny

Dorothy said...

Hi Jelveh,

What fun this 'Grateful Dead' set is... I've already put it together in about a dozen different ways in my mind... it's got a load of inspiration mixed into it no matter what its name .

Also love, love, love the Opal Clouds you put up on Etsy today... 'fraid they're responsible for some pretty big drool smudges on my monitor. I know... too descriptive... but the beads made me do it!

ikkinlala said...

What a fun set! I'm not all that familiar with the Grateful Dead's music, so I'm not sure whether to agree with your husband's assessment.

FIBERONE said...

The Grateful Dead set of beads is beautiful. I have heard of the Greatful Dead, but do not know much about their music. Regardless of the name, I like the beads-the shape, the design, the colors, etc.

Unknown said...

Just came across your beautiful beads. I am a very new beginner to bead making..so far I am loving it...got my torch and equipment on Wednesday last and cannot drag my self away from it. Making very wobbly beads but hope to improve and manage to make something half as good as your little works of art.